Friday, May 16, 2008

"Should we give it up? (I don't know) Or hang around some more? (I don't know)..."

WWSU Playlist
12 May 1987
Tuesday 6-9 p.m.

FIRST HOUR
K
Ultravox – “Reap the Wild Wind”
PL Martin Stephenson & Daintees – “Boat to Bolivia”
TOTW (blank)
PL Catheads – “Golden Gate Park”
DC The Bolshoi – “Happy Boy”
PL Fleshtones – “Another Direction”
PL Rose of Avalanche – “Too Many Castles in the Sky”
REC Uncle Bonsai – “Boys Want Sex in the Morning”
PL The Cult – “Memphis Hip Shake”
LS Age of Chance – “Kiss”
K Joe Jackson – “Happy Loving Couples”
PL True Sons of Liberty (TSOL) – “Weathered Statues”
-------Out of the Box----------
Dash Rip Rock – “Bad Dream”
Turbines – “1969” (from the LP Magic Fingers & Hourly Rates)
The Larries – “I’m so Worried About the Kremlin” (from the LP Down at the Diner)

SECOND HOUR
PL
REM – “Crazy”
PL Husker Du – “Could You Be the One”
TOTW (blank)
PL Shonen Knife – “Devil House”
REC The The – “Heartland” (request)
PL The New Christs – “Born out of Time”
DC Tones on Tail – “Go!”
K Bauhaus – “Bela Lugosi’s Dead”
PL The Replacements – “I Don’t Know”
LS Fats Comet – “Rockchester”
PL Wolfgang Press – “The Wedding”
PL The Washington Squares – “You Can’t Kill Me”
DC Boomtown Rats – “Up All Night” (request)

THIRD HOUR
PL Meat Puppets – “Love Our Children Forever”
REC Del Fuegos – “Long Slide”
PL The Godfathers – “Can’t Leave Her Alone”
TOTW (blank)
DC Oingo Boingo – “Dead Man’s Party”
PL U2 – “One Tree Hill”
K The Ramones – “I Wanna Be Sedated”
PL Hunters & Collectors – “The Slab”
PL Baby Astronauts – “Just About to Lose It”
LS The Cure – “Why Can’t I Be You?”
PL Henry Rollins – “Crazy Lover”
DC INXS – “Red Red Sun”
PL Swamp Thing – “Waiting for the Messiah”
(REQ/DC) The Shoes – “Get My Message”

This is the last playsheet I can locate from 1987. I continued to work at the station, but I have no idea what happened to the playsheets. It’s a shame that I no longer have them because during the summer I had a Japanese exchange student living with me and she helped out on the show.

No comments: