Friday, May 02, 2008

"If you want me, you can find me left of center, off of the strip..."

21 May, 1986

K Bow Wow Wow – “I Want Candy”
PWR Camper Van Beethoven – “Sometimes”
#1 Big Country – “Look Away”
H The Bolshoi – “Happy Boy”
DC Wall of Voodoo – “Back in Flesh”
M Book of Love – “I Touch Roses”
PWR Art of Noise – “Paranomia”
REC Armoury Show – “Castles in Spain”
H Robert Wyatt – “The Age of Self”
L The Hit Squad – “Libyan Hit Squad”
K The Members – “Working Girl”
PWR Husker Du – “Hardly Getting Over It”
DC OMD – “Enola Gay”
H Get Smart – “Looking Out for #3”
M Suzanne Vega – “Left of Center”
#2 Pete Shelley – “On Your Own”
PWR Let’s Active – “In Little Ways”
REC The Smiths – “The Boy With the Thorn in his Side”
H Highwaymen – “Highwaymen”
DC Devo – “Uncontrollable Urge”
K Phil Seymour – “Precious To Me”
PWR The BoDeans – “Fadeaway”
L Bryan Ferry – “Is Your Love Strong Enough”
H Jonathan Richman – “Let’s Take a Trip”
M Swimming Pool Q's – “She’s Looking”
DC Oingo Boingo – “Heard Somebody Cry”
PWR Siouxsie & the Banshees – “Candyman”
REC The Jesus & Mary Chain – “The Hardest Walk”
H Richard Lloyd – “Losin’ Anna”
#3 Alex Chilton – “No Sex”
DC Fleshtones – “Shadowline”
PWR The Pandoras – “Stop Pretending”
K INXS – “Listen Like Thieves – live version”
H The Pogues – “London Girl”
M The Style Council – “My Ever Changing Mood”
L The Alarm – “Majority”
PWR Neighborhoods – “Yeah You”
DC Echo & the Bunnymen – “The Puppet”
H Fuzztones – “Cinderella”
REC APB – “Shoot You Down”
PWR Joe Jackson – “It’s a Big World”
M Kommunity FK – “Something Inside Me Has Died”
K Roman Holiday – “Stand By”
PWR The Jazz Butcher – “The Jazz Butcher vs The Prime Minister”
#4 Belinda Carlisle – “Mad About You”

By this time I think I was really starting to hate the Swimming Pool Q's. I know that the album was played so much at the station that I started to feel ill whenever I saw the album cover. Enough time has passed, however, that I think I'd enjoy hearing it again, even if I do still think the sleeve is a bit creepy.

No comments: