Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Life is a rock and the radio rolled me

One would assume that this blog had been abandoned due to the lack of current posts, and while it has been stuffed into a pokey little corner for some time, it is time to shake off the dust and open the windows on some of the new music I'm digging.

Can I just stop for a moment and give a big shout out to Spotify? For those who don't know, Spotify is a free music listening service with an impressive catalog of tuneage. It's basically like having the world's largest library of music at your fingertips 24/7. Of course, if one uses the free service, there are advertisements to deal with. I like Spotify enough that I became a paid member a couple of years ago and in the past year became a premium member, which allows me to download albums and playlists to my mobile devices to listen to offline at any time. Sa-weet!

For a music junkie like myself, it's a service slathered in awesome sauce. Back when I worked in radio and music retail I enjoyed previewing a steady stream of new music every week, and since leaving the industry I felt I was missing out. And while I'd tried other music services, none ticked all the boxes until Spotify. It really is an outstanding service - especially if you hunger for new music from new artists.

Over the course of the past couple of years I've been creating monthly playlists and sharing them with friends, as well as participating in collaborative playlists with fellow WOXYians. Oddly, I never really thought about posting them here - which is weird, but whatever. I'm doing it now.


Catnip Mouse - Best of 2012

No comments: