Friday, July 16, 2010

"How I long to see your face photographed in 15-second intervals..."

David Lowery has begun telling the stories behind the songs of Cracker and Camper Van Beethoven on his new blog, 300 Songs.

Much like his lyrics, the blog is insightful, inspiring, cryptic and occasionally cantankerous. From the introductory post:

"Over the course of my career as a singer/songwriter/musician/producer I estimate i’ve written recorded and produced three hundreds plus songs. I often get asked questions about different songs. I sometimes enjoy answering them but most of the time i don’t do a very good job of answering. i’m really pretty anti-social. I can’t really help it. I think I was just born this way. So i came up with this idea to randomly select a hundred or so songs and write a few comments about each of the songs. like: with whom i recorded, what the song is about, Or simply something funny or interesting that happened in the session. Nothing too in depth. Sometimes i’ll also provide the lyrics and basic guitar chords for the fans who like that sort of thing."

No comments: