Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"You're a hard act to follow, a hard act to follow..."

I only did the first hour of this show, which aired Wednesday at 6 a.m. I had an early morning aerobic class M-W-F, so I’m assuming I agreed to do someone’s first hour so that they could sleep in or something. I’ve added the labeling for each cut; hopefully it will make sense to non-radio folk.

2 April 1986

K Nick Lowe – “I Knew the Bride”
PWR 9353 – “Born to be Wild”
#1 Blow Monkeys – “Diggin’ Your Scene”
H Death of Samantha – “Coca-Cola & Licorice”
DC Split Enz – “Hard Act to Follow”
M Swimming Pool Q's – “Now I’m Talking ‘Bout Now”
PWR Moev – “Alibis”
REC Cocteau Twins – “Pearly Dewdrops Drop”
H The Church – “Tantalized”
L Peter Murphy – “Final Solution”
K Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark (OMD) – “If You Leave”
PWR Minutemen – “No One”
DC Fear – “More Beer”
H Kommunity FK – “Something Inside Me Has Died”

I’m amused that one of my DJ choices this hour was Fear’s “More Beer,” which followed The Minutemen. I was either trying to wake myself up, or wake up the entire campus.

No comments: