Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Time for one more vodka & lime to help paralyze that tiny little tick, tick, tick..."

I’ve been neglecting this blog for awhile but it isn’t for lack of wanting to keep it updated. Life just gets in the way sometimes.

Hopefully I’ll get back into the swing of things after the radio station ‘80’s reunion at the end of next month. I’m on the planning committee and with only a month to go everything is kicking into high gear. I’m hearing from friends I haven’t heard from in AGES, so much of my time is spent shooting emails back and forth, catching up on each others lives since graduation. CD mixes are being made, incriminating photos are being unearthed, and we are all readying ourselves for the bash of the decade. I can hardly wait to see everyone again – it’s been too long.

The awesome record library from the 80's, which was sold off in the early 1990's in order to purchase CDs for the station when it was remodeled. Thankfully I wasn't there to see my babies sold off, but at the same time tragically never got a chance to buy any of those rare, independent and/or self-released albums from bands now lost to the mists of time.
Mucking about in the station's record library. The ladder wasn't used for getting LPs down from the top shelves, but to gain access to the office of our rivals next door - the campus newspaper. We'd push the ceiling tiles aside and climb over the wall into their offices for friendly hi-jinx. Beer was usually involved.

2 comments:

kc said...

That brings back some memories! Thanks for posting some of your playlists...I'm looking forward to going over them.
:-)

Miss_K said...

Glad you are enjoying them! Hard to believe they are over 20 years old!