Monday, April 23, 2007

"Another fine outing, pointing and shouting, 'Look, it's Baseball!'"

This weekend I went to my first baseball game of the season, and I’d just like to make one casual observation.

Adam Dunn has the worst musical taste in the majors.

Let me explain.

I have no idea if this is a normal occurrence at baseball games these days, or if the Reds are unusual, but as each player steps up to bat a snippet of player-selected music is played over the loudspeakers. Ryan Freel’s choice is the DNA Remix of “Tom’s Diner” by Suzanne Vega. No, I don’t know why. Do I care? No.

So anyway, back to Git-R-Dunn. The first time he stepped up to the plate, it was Night Ranger’s “Sister Christian.” [shudder]

The second time it was slaphead Phil Collins doing “In the Air Tonight.” So Adam, diggin’ those power ballads, are we?

The next time it was Billy bloody Joel’s “Big Shot.” ARGH! If there’s anything I hate more than 80’s power ballads, it’s ANYTHING by Billy Joel. I could happily live the rest of my life without ever hearing anything by that man again.

It’s no wonder the bastard struck out every time he stepped up to the plate Saturday night. I’d suck too if I’d chosen that tripe.

But I reckon I ought to look on the bright side. At least he didn’t pick something by Journey.

No comments: