Friday, February 11, 2005

"Anything you say dear, I'll buy..."

iPod gave me quite a treat this morning on my commute into work. First it reminded me that it is officially the weekend with "Partytime" by The Jazz Butcher followed by "Drink To Me, Babe, Then" by AC Newman.

Then it decided that I needed a kick in the arse and hit me with The Black Keys, RL Burnside, Queens of the Stone Age and The Hives.

I drove very fast.

I asked it what was next and it came back with "Suppose" by Buffalo Tom. I said, aloud and alone in my car, "Okay iPod, suppose what?"

The next song was "That Gum You Like is Back In Style, Again" by Camper Van Beethoven.

I swear iPod is talking to me. As I was pulling off the interstate, I asked iPod if it was communicating with me via song titles. The Replacements suddenly kicked in and Paul Westerberg sang "anything you say, dear, I'll buy buy buy buy buy...."

No comments: